Manufactures of Instrumentation & Safety Solutions
DRILLING CHOKE AND WELL CONTROL CONSOLES
Choke Control is used when the pressures and fracture pressure gradients are very close with little room for error. With conventional drilling operations the possibility of a kick occurring while not circulating or losing returns while circulating can lead to costly non-productive time resulting in the inability to reach targets. Conventionally these events are addressed by adjusting the hydrostatic pressure through decreasing or increasing the mud weight. This requires both time and expense and the response may not be quick enough to produce the desired results.
Choke Control Systems offered by RSS are built to provide accurate pressure and well control, especially in the case of a kick through loss of pressure. The systems offered, are manually operated and are compliant with API 16C regulations.
Choke Control Panel
• Piston isolators, separates the corrosive mud in the manifold with the instrument fluid for sensors or gauges and prolong the life span of components
• 4:1 de-boosters, reduces the pressure by 4:1 ratio - Manifold Multipliers, 3 or 4 outlets from piston isolators or additional 3rd party signal take off
• Pump stroke counter, 1- 4 pump SPM rates shown as well as total strokes
• Liquid seal monitoring, shows the De-gasser pressure & the dip tube pressure
RSS can provide, choke control consoles that are built as 2 separate sections, the first section would compromise of the display components & controls and the second section would be the hydraulic power pack.
The above option for separating both sections are the ideal option if the driller’s shack is short of space or over complicated. This set up enables the customer the option to mount the hydraulic power pack in a suitable location away from the elements and where suitable space is available.
Typical Dual Choke Control Panel Specification:
• Stainless Steel or Mild Steel Powder Coated Panel with lid, lifting eyes & side panels
• Dual hydraulic shear seal control valves for opening & closing the chokes
• Air Over Hydraulic pump producing 4.4 l/min at 500 PSI & 1.9 l/min at 3000 PSI
• Emergency Hand pump for low and high pressure producing 0.05 l/min at 1000 PSI & 0.009 l/min at 5000 PSI
• Bladder Accumulator once charged to 3000 PSI holds enough volume to open fully or close both Chokes